Sunday, February 1, 2009

February is National Bird Feeder Month...

I was watching the feeders this morning as the weather temporarily warms and the birds are flying in and out of the shrubs. I started thinking big, REALLY big. My brain is still in the warmer climes of Florida. Maybe I could build a marsh in our little city lot. Think of the birds I would attract then! I'll have to stock it with fish...and a very big heater, new plants, big pumps...

A very hungry Anhinga


A Lesser Black-backed Gull may be hard to attract without a wave pool.


I think the fish is asking the Osprey to put him back in the water.



A Tricolored Heron playing 'flip the fishie'.


A Pine Siskin on one of our present feeders.

I don't think the neighbors, or the city, would be happy with my idea. I guess I'll stick to the feeders I have, that's more than enough to keep me busy right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment