Monday, December 13, 2010

I don't care for snow, thank you...

Cabbage White butterflies are fine. Snow White is okay, even with the dwarf thing happening.
I like powdered sugar on donuts too, but this snow on the ground does not make me happy.
Not at all. That's why I'm showing you these photos that I recently discovered from June at Ottawa...in June...sans snow...in the sun...when it was warm...and dry...and no snow...

There's no snow on this flower.
Only a Sweat Bee...doesn't sweat sound better than wind chill?

I'm not sure what species this female Damselfly is, but there's no snow.
There is something attached to her, but, nope, it's not snowballs...

This is not a snow flower.

Another Damselfly, a Bluet of some sort I believe.
Also not in the snow...


The white on those flowers is its natural coloring.
NOT SNOW!


Even this Zebra Jumping Spider with the crazy eyes has white on it.
And once again, no snow to be seen, thank you very much.

Hmmm, nope, no snow here either.

This Fly shares my opinion of snow.

Once again...if you are a member of the American Birding Association, now is the time to nominate someone special for their annual awards.

Specifically, Kimberly Kaufman for the Chandler Robbins Award in Education and Conservation.

She's an amazing person that has done so much for young birders and many adults too!

If you're not a member yet, think about it! The organization is getting back on it's feet and really needs our support right now. Just a thought...

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm with you. ...the older I get, the more I'd like to live by the sea where it's warm...all the time!

    ReplyDelete