Wednesday, May 11, 2016

They're Back!

 1. This is an easy one to start with...

My little warbly friends are back!  I made it out to Magee Marsh and The Biggest Week in American Birding once so far...real life keeps getting in the way of birding...gotta figure out how to dodge that one of these days. In the mean time...I thought I would give you kids a quiz! Wheee! Or not.

Are you ready? NAME THOSE WARBLY BUTTZ!!!! 
 
 2. Hmmm...no clues for you!

 3. My FAVORITE warbly!

 4. Who's a pretty boy with a hanky in his pocket?

 5. An attractive young lady...

6. He's all fluffy and green with envy...

 7. Nothing like his fall plumage!

 8. There's a national anthem for him...

 9. Pete Dunne birds that area...

 10. What side am I on anyway?

 11. He's very common, often heard but rarely seen...

 12. A very rare migrant to our area and he loves Jack...

 13. Think of Rod Stewart songs...

 14. He's a very sad little warbly...

 15. The home of country music is a place where you probably won't find him...

 16. I'm clueless for a clue here...

 17. Getting this shot was one of my crowning achievements...

 18. His nest really cooks!

 19. Do you really think you'd find him in one of those trees?

 20. When I took this shot, even my hero, Kenny K. had a hard time figuring her out...

 21. A very religious little warbly...

 22. The neighbor of Dennis the Menace...(too easy?)

23. I'm not even going to give you a little clue on this guy! So there!

24. What a buttery butt you have!

Oh dear...I seem to have lost the answer sheet...I guess you'll have to guess!

I'll post the answers in the comments section...when I'm good and ready!
Get them all right and you win!

6 comments:

  1. WOW - can you please tell me one thing ?? Whats the gear you are using ?? The pictures are superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For these photos I was using a Canon 7D Mark II, a Canon 500mm lens(at last!)and a Canon 1.4X teleconverter...oh...and a lot of luck and patience!

      Delete
  2. Not going to embarrass myself (or should that be em-bare-ass!) with answers - but you do have that bird from behind thing well worked out!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years of practice Stewart, years...maybe I should practice a little more...

      Delete