Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Just a Few More....

 An uncommon Common Nighthawk snoozin...

 Yep, it's still May 17th at Magee Marsh in my world...a little "behind?"...why of course!

 Just as me and my cranky stomach were leaving, someone told me there was a Least Bittern fishing right along the boardwalk. I figured he would be gone by the time I got there, but nope, he was still there...along with a hundred other birders trying to get a glimpse. It was a lifer for many so I hung back to give them the better view and fired off a few shots between bodies and branches.

 It'll never make National Geographic, but it makes for a great memory for me!
 
One of my favorite lil warblies, a Magnolia!

 He was even kind enough to give me a signature pose!

 ...then try to attack me and peck my eyes out!
AAAAAAhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

 A little Muskrat love for you...

 This Prothonotary Warbly was picking at the buds on trees...

 ...and playing show and tell with them...

 Prothonotary's do not make behind shots easy...
 
 Yep, my one and only crappy shot of a Scarlet Tanager for the day...maybe next time.

 Name that Thrush!
No, really, name that thrush...I think it may be a Gray-cheeked...or maybe not...I'm not sure.

 Yea! Yellow Warbly building a nest right along the boardwalk.
It's amazing what you normally walk right past and never notice until someone points it out.

And last, butt not least...a Yellow-rumped Warbly!

Soon we shall post another day of delightful birding!

6 comments:

  1. Hi from the UK.. just found your lovely blog. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little Magnolia...what vibrant colours! .. and, the cute little yellow warblie.....even your 'crappy' shot of the tanager is brilliant with the amazing colouring ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get set of pictures - and I thought I was the only one that got attacked by killer warblers!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne (WBW is still alive if you want to link up!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures!
    If you want to see more photos of birds, I share you my blog.

    https://avesdecordobayargentina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful pictures!
    If you want to see more photos of birds, I share you my blog.

    https://avesdecordobayargentina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete