Friday, February 19, 2010

It's Friday and it's dark out.

How often to you get to see a Black-throated Blue Warbler RUNNING through a tree?
Come to the Biggest Week In American Birding and see for yourself!
Yep, it's Friday night. It's dark, butt at least it's not as cold as it has been and it definitely isn't snowing! It's almost as if spring time is giving us a sneak peek. So in springs honor, here's a few crappy warbly things! I'm giving you more bad ones in springs honor because we all know another snow storm is just around the corner and I don't want to get anyones hopes up yet...

I really should dump these pics, butt you can learn a little sometimes by looking at the feathers in these positions.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!
(oops! Doodles just told me I didn't label this one! It's a Black-throated Green Warbler)

Sometimes the Chestnut-sided Warblers run through the trees too!

And sometimes the pop of my flash gives the Magnolias a start...or was it me flashing...hmmm...

He just doesn't want his portrait done today.

I shot this Yellow Warbler out of my car window on the way home from work.
These nest in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and this one was bringing home the bacon...errr...worms.

"I'm a rocket to the Moon!"

If you're patient, Yellow Warblers will wave to you!
Make sure you wave back, it's the only polite thing to do.

I like the pattern on the tail of this "Audubon's" Yellow-rumped Warbler.

They sure don't sit still long!

What the...?
It's another Yellow-rump...falling over from to many over ripe berries...



Long week...and I ran out of jokes...

No comments:

Post a Comment