Sunday, November 28, 2010

Burd Feedr Fer Wrent!

I put out a suet block for Thanksgiving so my little bird buddies could have a feast,
and look who showed up! A little Carolina Wren!


Sometimes I think I treat our garden birds to well! Spoiled brats. Butt, they deserve it every once in a while. Life isn't easy when you have to fly between Canada, the U.S., Central America and South America. At least they don't have to deal with full body scanners...

This is what happens when a Wren bites off a little more than he can chew...

I managed to pull the screen out of the kitchen window without scaring this guy away.
He must have been real hungry, every other critter in the garden beat feet(or wing) out of there!

HEY YOU!
Yes you! You may be getting sick of me asking you to sign the petition at the top of my bloggity.
Well, I'm going to keep asking until we get 5000 signatures!
You don't have to live in Ohio to sign it, you just have to care.

Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Ok ok I signed it ;-) You are a bit pushy ;-) Well lucky you, I do care!! Beautiful psot you got there once again. This wren is beautiful, much more than our winter wren ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chris. I'm sorry I was so pushy, I won't let it happen again...well maybe not...
    We've only spotted the Winter Wren once this fall in our garden...no photo, too fast!

    Hello Bob! Yes indeed, a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed, I signed...right off the bat I did!
    Love your little wren shots. Those little wrens make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete