Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bookin' With Bobb...

Bobb studying in disbelief in "his" office...

I am stunned. That human guy, what's his name, Loopy or something like that, just received a new book titled "Antarctic Wildlife, A Visitor's Guide" by James Lowen. I skimmed through the book three times...and did I find any mention of CHIPMUNKS? No! Can you believe it?

This book thoroughly covers all of the birds...all of the whales...dolphins, penguinies and even something called a "pinniped!" But does he mention a single Chipmunk? ARGH! I find it hard to believe that he couldn't find my cousin Roald. He was there in 1911. I'm sure he's still around somewhere.

When I plan my trip to visit Roald, I'll be sure to steal...I mean "borrow" this book to help on my journey. It covers everything you need to know about your visit way down south from all of the wildlife to the plantlife. He also has helpful tips about traveling in different seasons, I wonder if I should bring swimwear...anyway, it is a handy book for a first time visitor like me.

I may even find out what a pinniped is!

4 comments:

  1. Let me know if you want company. I have a waterproof coat and, therefore, won't need to bring swimwear.

    Chuck the Beaver

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a pinniped... I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob.

    pinniped means Leather Foot in Itialian. I know they make some mean leather shoes in Italy, but I didn't know they had leather feet! I learn a lot from this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuck ol' buddy! You're welcome to come along...'specially since you can swim and I can't!

    Bobb said he's going to look at the Walrus feet more closely to see what kind of leather footwear they have. I wonder if it's Gucci?

    (Sorry if you learned something, it won't happen again.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madison Wolf, Hayden Bison, Barry Moose, and Butt-Head-Bob have all offered their services if you need help sneaking books about.....

    ReplyDelete