Saturday, February 28, 2009

Back to our regularly scheduled blog...

A Sword-billed Hummingbird. What an amazingly long bill!


So, where was I? Oh yeah, in Ecuador WHERE IT DOESN'T SNOW! Sorry, a little winter burn out here...

I thought I'd post a few more hummers for you to enjoy! I really have to thank Jane Lyons and Edison Buenano for their hospitality and help in finding all of these gorgeous birds during our visit to Reserva Las Gralarias.

A tiny Green Thorntail.

Sapphire-vented Puffleg, cool boots, eh?

Tawny-bellied Hermit


Violet-tailed Sylph with a VERY long tail.


The Velvet-purple Coronet was my favorite Hummingbird of the trip. We saw this one during a rainy day and he certainly brightened things up!

Maybe after I get my share of the governments bail out money, I can go back for another visit...