Monday, March 7, 2011

THREE INCHES OF SNOW!!!!!

I am a scaredy cat when it comes to spidery things, but I would deal with it if the snow went away!
By the way, that's a Black-throated Green Warbly putting the bite on him.

#@&!@*$*@! SNOW! I am not happy. I do not want to shovel snow anymore. I do not want to walk through snow anymore. I do not want to drive through snow anymore. I am mad. Like a dog, I am mad. Gerrrrrrrrrrrr. Listen to me growl.

Okay, now that I got that out my system, let's pretend it's May 23rd, 2010. It's between 8am and 9:30am. It's sunny and warm. We're walking on the boardwalk at Magee Marsh. I can hear birds singing. AND THERE AIN'T NO DARNED SNOW! Feel better? I do.

Have you ever spotted a Gray Catbird in the snow? I think not.

How often do you see a Green Heron gigging frogs in an ice pond?
Ah, never!


And Midland Painted Turtles from behind swimming up through a frozen fen?
I didn't think so.

Have you ever looked up into a snow covered tree to find a Magnolia Warbly thing singing?
Nope.

Have you ever slipped on the ice and only taken a photo of half a Prothonotary Warbly?
Not gonna happen...but I did trip over my own foot once...graceful...

Do you think this Olive-sided Flycatcher will find any flies to play catch with in three inches of snow?
No.


Do you think an Eastern Hog-nosed Snake will bask in the glorious sun...during a snow storm?
Are you crazier than me?!

Warbling Vireos don't warble in the winter.

And that's all I have to say about that today.
I'll be back when it melts...or maybe Thursday...