Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lifer!

Love them warblys!
They're always hiding waaaaaay back in the woods.

We spent four days last week at Flora-Quest in Shaunee State Forest in  southern Ohio. Now you're asking yourself  "Myself, why would Loopy go to a planty botany thing when he barely can find birds?" Well, plants don't move...and good friend Cheryl Harner knew I would get lost if we went warblying down there by ourselves. Smart lady. So we joined the crazy plant people.

This is just a quickie post because we found us a little life warbly! WOO-HOO!

Yep, that's a Kentucky Warbly thing singing his heart out.
We don't see them up north.

 He didn't quite understand why we were so happy about seeing him.
He just stared a lot.

 Special thanks have to go to our special friend Greg Miller for helping us find this little guy!
He's a magically talented bird guy!
Oh, and Jack Black pretended to be him in "The Big Year" too!
Greg's still funnier.

Oh, I almost forgot, Flora-Quest is about plants.
Here's a leaf. Enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. I hope Cheryl Harner gets your sense of humor!
    I really like to watch for birds when I go to a new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I almost feel like we are teaching an old dog new tricks! Loopy and Doodles do plants!

    See you CAN have fun with plant people- as we are really "rooted" in the basics!

    Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...no wonder I didn't see you up at Magee! You were at Shawnee.....one of my favorite haunts. Did you get to meet Jenny Richards? She's the naturalist Matty and I volunteer with each summer. I think Rick and I might head over in a week or two. I want to see some of the Ceruleans again! Tell the Doodles I say hi! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the lifer, pretty bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your lifer! Was he singing "My Old Kentucky Home"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrat on the lifer Dave! It's ncie to see something new sometime ;-) But heye man, you still got his butt ;-)

    ReplyDelete