Tuesday, February 9, 2016

A Rant Free Post...pretty much...

 An American Tree Sparrow from the proper angle.

Finally back out into the wild...sort of...I had a nice sunny and warm walk in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park Sunday morning while most people were worried about some silly football game. 

I started at the Ira Road trailhead, wandered down to Szalay's Farm which has great corn on the cob dripping with butter when the season is right, then found a couple of small paths that led into the quiet and peaceful woods towards the Cuyahoga River. No joggers, no dog walkers, no gun toting "occupiers," just me and a few birds.

 I spoke with a few fellow birders and they directed me to a tree with my buddy the Eastern Screech Owl taking a little nap.

 A little closer view of lazy bones...he moved a few times to catch the warmth of the sun.
Aaahhh...cozy...

 Why is it that Northern Cardinals refuse to sit still for me?
This female only cared about the suns rays and ignored me...at last!

 Like I said the birds were few...at least the ones that allowed a photo!
Hard to tell from here, butt this is a White-throated Sparrow, tell tale booty...honest.
Look it up...

I've been going through old files that I somehow missed in the past. Soooo....look for a few posts of warmer weather and assorted and sundry sights soon!

Ta-ta for now!

*By the way Blogger is still screwed up and I haven't received any replies from my complaints...

8 comments:

  1. It's good to get out when all the yahoos (oops) are watching football. You have the territory to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I love the owls! Great collection of birds and photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Its so rare to actually find an Owl...I get a little giddy.

      Delete
  3. Nice to be able to get away and have the place almost to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to be out in the quiet by myself...very peaceful.

      Delete
  4. Fresh corn on the cob dripping with butter!!!! Oh my! Let me know when! :-) Love your little screech owl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to post photos next summer when it's time!

      Delete