Sunday, April 29, 2018

A Creepy Day at Magee marsh...

 Almost got him...

 Jeepers they're quick today!

 Ah, there we go!

I made it out to Magee Marsh last week to get a bit of a head start on spring migration.  I didn't see a single warbly thing...BUT...I have never had so many Brown Creepers! I feel lucky if I see one or two a year, let alone get a photo of those blurry feathered fellas. On this day there were dozens coming through and many were too close to get a photo of. Everyone on the boardwalk was enjoying those unusual views.
 They have angry little eyes...

 They were even snatching insects from the rails of the boardwalk!

 And of course picking under the bark of all the nearby trees...

 Then back to the posts and rails...

 A feast for them and a feast for my eyes!

Oh, yes, there were a few other birds out and about...butt those will be next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment