Thursday, May 23, 2024

The Biggest Week in American Birding...part too...


 All the leaders, drivers and volunteers that help The Biggest week be a success! I'm in the back row, far right...obviously not my political views...

What a great event it was! Everyone had a great time, at least no one complained to me...yet. I had the privilege to drive some wonderful folks and guides all around northwestern Ohio in search of birds. I was even lucky enough to find a couple lifers for some lucky birders! You can't ask for more than that. I am so looking forward to next year...starting a little later on May 9th! Mark it down and I'll see you there!

In the meantime, here's a few photos from my first weekend...or was it the second...anyway...birds!

It's always good to find nesting birds like this Orange-breasted Ground Thrush.

(uh, American Robin...)

As you can see, I'm a pretty crappy photographer some days. But I try to capture every bird I see...such as this Baltimore Oriole.

This Blue-winged Warbler was a rare bird and a lifer for many! This photo was highly enlarged, and that's not my finger at the top...

This Canada Goose had one lone fuzzy beebee following along.

This was the first time I got more than one decent shot of a Clay-colored Sparrow! I had to trust everyone that this bird is clay colored because I'm red/green color blind...ha...

I know that this is a dragonfly...with very fresh wings...I still have to find out which one...

I like Eastern Bluebirds. Blue is one of the colors I can see best!

Eastern Bluebird from behind because that's what I do.

I also love Gray Catbirds because of the simplicity of their outfit and the goofy nature of their singing!

Purple Martins don't appear to be purple in this photo, but I guess they are.

Another of my favorites is this relatively common Silver-spotted Skipper butterfly. fairly tiny, they are often overlooked or mistaken for a moth.

Another great find was this Spotted Sandpiper next to a farmers field. It's always good when you spot a sandpiper...

I was trying so hard to get a nice photo of a wonderful Song Sparrow and he turned to be a creep and dove for cover as I clicked the shutter. Burds...sheesh...

Anyone for a bowl of spider?

A curious Tree Swallow checking out his new crib...from behind...

 Once again, I thank you for visiting my bloggity! I forgot how much fun it is to share my photos and some occasional silliness! Until next time...happy birding!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment