Wednesday, January 9, 2019

A Nice Walk...and a few crappy pics...


One of those days...

The weather has been unusual to say the least around here. It was a warm afternoon and I was done cleaning and all that fun stuff, Soooo I decided to go for a little birding jaunt around the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and the Beaver Marsh (where I've never seen a beaver.) This was before the shut down...and don't get me started on that morons idiotic game...

I thought it would be nice to find a few nuthatches (other than myself) and get some nice photos of whatever else may be around. What luck, just as I entered the trail, nuthatches were all around me...in the tree tops...and behind branches...or flying away.

Except for one that came down low just for me. Butt would he stay still long enough for a photo? Well, yes and no.

 I had him for a second, then he jumped up a little higher...fine I'll try again...

 Missed again...almost a butt shot.
Try one more time!

 Um, what the heck is that?!
I quit.

 Well, at least I got a slightly blurry pic of a Belted Kingfisher spitting.
Something you don't see everyday...

 I don't know what it was, but it was sitting still so I took a shot.

 I'm so glad that Mallards are large and slow moving or I wouldn't have had a thing for the day!

 He was very polite and came out of the water and posed for me.
Nice ducky.

Yep, I stayed a long time trying butt it was getting dark.
No butt shots today BUTT I did get a Moon that day!

Hopefully next time we'll do better...
Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment