Monday, June 12, 2017

BABEEZ!


O-boy! I try to avoid checked the bird house for life because I wouldn't want to endanger the young or eggs. But, I couldn't resist any longer. I've had this box for many years now, from the old house in Bay with a few successful broods of Black-capped Chickadees, to the new apartment in Stow.

The chickadees had tried to nest to nest last year, but the House Wren that patrols the area destroyed the eggs and started his own nest...and abandoned. The same thing happened in Bay before, so I wasn't going to get my hopes up. I moved the house after I saw the wren in it earlier in the spring. It's now hanging behind lots of limbs in the evergreen next to my suite. That seemed to do the trick!

I've watched the adults flying back and forth and last night I decided to take a peek and maybe get a quick photo with my phone. They look so cozy in their warm little nest. I'll leave them alone now...

 Well camouflaged!
 
Hanging under the arbor in the old neighborhood...

More birds coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment